Tuesday, November 24, 2015

a void



Void. thread on paper, 3.5 x 7 cm

Part of the ongoing Little Undies series that I have started back in 2009. Found some new ones that I had forgotten about...

Boyshorts. fabric & thread on paper, 3.7 x 5.5 cm


Sunshine. fabric & thread on paper, 5 x 6.5 cm


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgD1Buw17cKhzlR6X0sLqzp6rOxPAjM1jShTLT-hOo7zufN-MsZh6D1gwxiIRyeTW8OoPeJbsss5SfGd1XGE9w-v5XT7SAC56-D2AV-p2v334WDEdFEXi0nyhZsHFwsui1S6knLvkEzoA/s1600/mien_mm_09undieshotpink.jpg Hot Hot. plastic & thread on paper, 6.5 x 10 cm

There is a lot of fumbling around in the studio as I try to pick up where I had left off. It's like trying to piece together different selves from before and now, and the edges are not quite fitting.

These underwear pieces are like little sketches, circling around the theme of being a woman, a girl, something innocent, possibly sexy, naughty, taboo-ish. I think I can jump right in. Only thing is it feels like such an incredible indulgence to be sitting around making these things when there is so much wrong going on in the world.

2 comments

  1. I love these. They are both whimsical and disquieting, questioning what the eye can see. Really, I don't think it is indulgent to keep working. It is only more precious, more important to continue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorbs!
    Yes, keep on creating for those who can't.

    ReplyDelete